Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Meeting with our new Perinatologist

So we met him, our new high-risk OB (periniatologist).  All we can say is "eh".  It sounds like he will be the one mostly just checking to make sure I'm not going into preterm labor and that both babies have a heartbeat so we don't need to love, love him. 

The babies heads are both in the front where my belly button is and their bodies are extending to my back.  Maybe this is why my back pain started kicking in.  I've been doing really light exercise but still get these Braxton Hicks (fake) contractions so I asked him about exercise.  He told me that is "inviting trouble" and recommended swimming.  I am so sad.  It will be so hard for me to give up but I know my days are numbered.  Whatever I need to do tho! We have a pool here.  I just hope it's warm in the winter!

I got my flu shot.  Now all of you have to help me convince Cheryl she needs to get hers.=)

We found out we will be delivering at UCSD.  However, if baby Aliya needs surgery (and she will most certainly will), Aliya will be transferred to Rady's Children's Hospital while me and Shae will be stuck at UCSD.  There is no freakin' way I am staying behind while my child is having open heart surgery.  I either will have to recover immediately or they will need to ship us all out to Rady's.  I'm feeling pretty nervous about all of this.  Not to mention that Cheryl would be torn between being with me and Shae, and being with Aliya.  If I'm forced to stay, Cheryl would go to Rady's to be with Aliya and I would stay with Shae.  It would really suck to be separated like that but I just want everything to have a happy ending and that's the most important thing.
Good news is that the Dr said Aliya has a relatively stable condition during pregnancy so I should have a pretty normal twin pregnancy. 

It's pretty cool... I am 5 months pregnant this week.  I'm grateful for every day that I'm still pregnant and both of these babies have a heartbeat inside of me. Now if something goes wrong, I will be going to Labor & Delivery, not the ER, so I'm progressing to a "viable" pregnancy.  My nausea is getting so much better and I'm only taking anti-nausea meds maybe once every 3 days! Now I'm just starting to feel uncomfortable.

Upcoming is a growth scan next week, appt with Dr on 11/09, and info meeting with nurse practioner on 11/16.   Cheryl's thyroid surgery is also on 11/10 and she'll be spending the night.  That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment