Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Neonatology Consult

This was a meeting with the Chief of Medicine of Neonatology and an RN coordinator/social worker.  We discussed the plan after birth and were given handouts about Aliya's condition.  We also got a tour of the NICU.  We'll be able to hold Aliya right after birth for a few minutes and then she will be taken to the UCSD NICU to stabilize her.  Once she is stable, they will send her to Rady's within a few hours.  I will be able to see her right before she leaves.  I asked if I would be able to discharge early and it sounds like I will be able to be there for her surgery.   They sounded hopeful and positive about her survival.  Today is February so we made it to February! In 2 days, I will be 34 weeks along which is a huge milestone for survival.  Now if the babies are born, they are just as likely to survive as if they were born full-term! My next goal to make is 36 weeks, because then there is a good chance Avery will not have to go to the NICU at all and be able to go home with us.  I have another dr appointment later today so will have another update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment